Using the LogWatcher View
To begin to use LogWatcher, go to
Window > Show View > > Other... > Log Files > LogWatcher.
The LogWatcher view can then have watchers add to it for each log file you
want to monitor. The title of the LogWatcher view always displays the name of the
currently active watcher.
LogWatcher View Actions
From within the view there are several actions that are available from the toolbar
above the view. From this toolbar, you can
- Create a new Watcher, which will add a new watcher to the view.
- Clear the LogWatcher Display, which removes the text of the current watcher
from the window (but does not affect the monitored file).
- Edit this Watcher, which allows you to edit the properties of the current watcher.
This includes adding and removing filters and changing the refresh interval.
- Toggle Automatic Scrolling, which determines whether the view automatically
scrolls downward as new text appears.
- Close this Watcher, which closes the currently selected watcher.
- Close, which closes the entire LogWatcher view.